Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Packaging - Thematic Research
Summary Artificial intelligence (AI) is undoubtedly one of the most prominent technology themes of 2021. While years of bold claims have led to AI becoming seriously overhyped, we are moving past this phase, and packaging companies are beginning to see the tangible benefits of AI and its role within Industry 4.0.
AI will leave its mark on all sectors.Incumbents in virtually every industry face disruption from AI, and those that fail to make AI a priority will risk extinction.
Within the packaging sector, some companies have a more mature AI strategy than others. In the coming years, AI as a service (AIaaS) will drive uptake and democratize AI technologies, enabling businesses to rent rather than build their own AI platform.
Scope - Packaging is slow to adopt AI technologies when compared to the 20 other sectors the analyst covers. The analyst predicts that adoption will rise in the sector thanks to as-a-service offerings from big tech companies that democratize the use of AI.
- The largest disclosed AI-related acquisition in the packaging sector was Honeywell’s 2016 acquisition of Intelligrated, a Provider of automated material handling solutions, for $1.5bn.The report also identifies a list of AI start-ups that packaging companies may consider acquiring.
- For packaging companies, Industry 4.0 and the collection of data will provide significant opportunities. Integrated smart systems, processes, sensors, data, and analytics will help packaging manufacturers to make smart decisions, automate processes, and reach efficiency and cost-saving targets. Packaging companies will create fully integrated supply chains that can automatically adjust to disturbances and use data to predict demand levels accurately.
- Machine learning (ML) is the most applied AI technology within the packaging sector. ML can be used throughout the packaging value chain to help companies with predictive maintenance and to improve their cybersecurity.
- Machine vision (MV), a subset of CV, is an important AI technology that will feature heavily in the future factory. Packaging companies incorporate MV into their machines to conduct visual inspections, ensure date labelling is correct, and improve recycling.
Reasons to Buy - Identify leading artificial intelligence vendors in the packaging sector and select potential technology partners based on their competitive position within the AI theme.
- Benchmark your AI strategy against leading AI adopters in the packaging sector. Gain a deeper understanding of the competitive landscape of the industry and spot gaps in the market for new uses of AI.
- Prioritize investments in the areas of AI which will deliver the best results for your company. We provide recommendations on the areas of the value chain you should focus investment on and highlight the parts you can confidently ignore.
- Develop marketing messages and value propositions for your AI capabilities that will help you emerge as a leader in your sector.
- Quantify the global sales opportunity for AI services to the packaging industry?by accessing market size and forecasts (2019-2024), produced by our packaging and technology analysts.
- Provide technology vendors with a improved understanding of the challenges faced by the packaging sector allowing you to tailor your products to the challenges faced by packaging companies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the IoT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.3% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The need to efficiently process huge volumes of real-time data being generated from IoT devices, the growing demand for performance management appliances, and the need to reduce downtime and maintenance...
Abstract Focus Group Research Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of focus group research services. Focus group research service providers engage in qualitative research and gather information on opinions and attitudes about a product from a diverse set of individuals. This...
Future of Work in Consumer - Thematic Research Summary This report provides an overview of how FMCG companies are adapting for the future of work.It looks at how particular technologies have been implemented, and how popular their uptake has been. Furthermore, it assesses the impact that COVID-19...
Banking Predictions for 2021 - Thematic Research
This report identifies the 21 themes that will impact the banking industry in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and suggest further reading.
Companies that invest in the right themes...
Tech, Media and Telecom (TMT) Predictions 2021 - Thematic Research
In this report, we identify the top 30 themes that will impact the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) sector in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and point you to further...
The Future of Work - Thematic Research
The world of work is in a state of flux.Technology is fundamentally transforming the way we work, fueling excitement but also anxiety.
A prolonged decline in overall employment is unlikely, but society will have to adapt to significant structural...
In the September 2017 federal election the centre-right Christian Democratic Union (CDU) won the largest share of the vote. After six months of negotiations a renewed grand coalition of the CDU and the Social Democratic Party (SPD) was installed in March 2018. By agreeing to form another grand coalition the SPD averted the...
In the September 2017 federal election the centre-right Christian Democratic Union (CDU) won the largest share of the vote. After six months of negotiations a renewed grand coalition of the CDU and the Social Democratic Party (SPD) was installed in March. By agreeing to form another grand coalition the SPD averted the risk...
Digital transformation is the change associated with the application of the digital technology in all the aspects of the human society. This enables new types of innovations and creativity in specific domains rather than simply enhancing and supporting traditional methods. Digital transformation solutions helping...
Number Of Enterprises
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.