ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) in Consumer Goods - Thematic Research
Summary Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) is the most important theme for 2021, and the next 10 years.Companies must excel across all three aspects of ESG.
Being a laggard in one ESG area will taint brand image and influence consumer decisions, despite progress in other areas.Many social and environmental issues exist within FMCG supply chains.
Lack of traceability is no longer an excuse, and FMCG companies will be judged based on supply chain ethics. This report offers expert market analysis, data, and comparisons of FMCG companies’ ESG achievements and commitments, and highlights industry leaders and laggards.
propriety ESG framework identifies 12 main areas of ESG, contributing factors to these areas, and mitigating actions that companies can take to excel in ESG. The report’s trends section highlights the tech, macro, and industry trends impacting the ESG theme in consumer goods over the next 12 to 24 months.
Scope - Unilever, AB In-Bev, and Philip Morris are governance leaders, and Coca-Cola, Heineken, Danone, and Diageo are governance laggards. Environmental and social leaders and laggards are also highlighted in the report.
- Senior executives are skeptical of corporate sustainability, with 74% considering it a marketing exercise or greenwashing.
- Supply chain management is the foundation for ESG progress for FMCG companies. The report contains examples of companies using AI and blockchain technologies to track distributed supply chains, increase transparency, and mitigate ESG malpractice. Unilever launched a blockchain pilot to track and manage transactions across its tea supply chain, verifying 10,000 supply chain contracts.
- L’Oréal UK pays female workers £0.66 for every £1 earned by a man. This is significantly worse than the UK industry average of £0.93.
Reasons to Buy - Position yourself for the future and create a holistic ESG strategy using ESG framework. Assess sustainability policies, performance, and progress against ESG framework. Identify and mitigate factors that contribute to negative consequences and pursue actions to improve ESG performance.
- Uncover the FMCG companies excelling in ESG operations with thematic scorecard. Understand competitor activity and positioning in the ESG theme with the extensive coverage of each leading company’s activity in the companies section.
- Use the trends section to identify key technology and macro trends affecting and shaping the ESG theme, such as using blockchain ledgers for supply chain traceability.
- Discover the key challenges to FMCG companies across environment, social, and governance, with company examples of mitigating actions and malpractice.
- Understand the ESG action feedback loop, a market mechanism that drives reputational and competitive advantage, incentivizing further action and drawing more participation.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Hardware security modules market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% from USD 1.1 billion in 2021 to USD 1.8 billion in 2026. Increasing demand of Hardware security modules products in the medical & life sciences and IT & telecommunications industry will drive the market. Hardware security modules market for cloud HSM...
The Europe advanced planning and scheduling (APS) software market is expected to grow from US$ 386.70 million in 2020 to US$ 769.14 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.1 % from 2021 to 2028. The growing need to enhance overall production process is expected to escalate the Europe advanced planning and scheduling (APS) software...
The market for Plastics Injection Molding is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are accelerating usage in consumer goods & electronics and growing demand in packaging industry. On the flipside, stringent environmental regulations on use of plastics and unfavourable conditions...
The APS software market was valued at US$ 1,491.22 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 2,941.27 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2021 to 2028. The global APS software market is segmented into five major regions—North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South...
The European testing, inspection, and certification market was valued at USD 59.42 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 77.29 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period (2021-2026). With the trend of inspection and testing across industries at regular intervals, such as oil and gas becoming a mandate, the TIC...
The market for global green & bio-based plastic additives is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 5% globally during the forecast period. Growing demand for bio-based plastics for packaging applications and other reasons are driving the market growth. The impact of COVID-19 and reasons are expected to hinder the market...
The North America testing, inspection & certification market accounted for US$ 59.48 Bn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period 2018–2027, to account for US$ 85.48 Bn in 2027. Factors including the growing demand for technology-enabled TIC solutions and technological advancements coupled with the prosperous...
The Asia-Pacific testing, inspection & certification market accounted for US$ 79.73 Bn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period 2018–2027, to account for US$ 136.00 Bn in 2027. The consistent technological advancement, along with the integration of automated solutions into production and manufacturing processes,...
The Europe testing, inspection & certification market accounted for US$ 69.10 Bn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period 2018–2027, to account for US$ 104.85 Bn in 2027. The progression of technological advancement, along with the popularity of the internet of things (IoT) has a profound positive impact over...
The global testing, inspection & certification market at US$ 243.21 Bn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2019 – 2027, to account to US$ 379.89 in 2027. The significant rise in production volume coupled with the integration of automation into manufacturing processes due to a steady increase in the...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.