Électricité de France S.A. (EDF) - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Summary Electricite de France SA (EDF) is an integrated electricity company.It has operations in the generation, transmission, distribution, energy supply, trading, energy services and other related services.
The company produces electricity using nuclear, hydro, gas, fuel oil, coal, and renewable sources.EDF also carries out hydrocarbon exploration and production, waste recovery, gas supply, provides energy and environmental services, and manages heating and cooling networks, produces renewable energies, and industrial utilities.
The company serves various residential, commercial, industrial, local authorities, companies, and professionals in Africa, Asia, North America, Europe, and other regions.
EDF Innovation Lab works in partnership with institutes, financial, and startup organizations across North and South America to find disruptive technologies and form local partnerships, and to effectively expand into new markets, businesses, and services.
EDF Pulse collaborates with start-ups, small office/home office (SOHOs), and SMEs to co-develop innovative solutions. The innovation body assists startups in accessing new markets, financing, and helps in the development of novel solutions.
EDF Energy’s Blue Lab is an innovation accelerator that promotes transition to a sustainable, low carbon environment through the development of new technologies and business models.
The report provides information and insights into EDF’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
Scope - EDF Energy has a long-standing partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for maintenance and application services and transforming its business operations by introducing significant changes in its back-office operations, front office customer contacts, and overall IT activities.
- EDF Energy continued to improve its digital offerings, while its app penetration has increased from 17% to 33% over the course of 2020. EDF targets startups that share similar mission and vision in power sector and provides them with an open innovation platform to get their ideas operational, and boost product and solution development.
- EDF is leveraging remote-controlled robots to monitor nuclear power plant operations in real-time and for predictive maintenance. EDF Energy has adopted drone technology into their asset inspections to cut downtime, reduce risk, and increase business efficiency.
- EDF Energy introduced VR to deliver health and safety training for employees who operate and maintain their nuclear power plants and reduce downtime.
Reasons to Buy - Gain insights into EDF’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investment and acquisition strategies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the IoT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.3% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The need to efficiently process huge volumes of real-time data being generated from IoT devices, the growing demand for performance management appliances, and the need to reduce downtime and maintenance...
Exxon Mobil Corporation - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary ExxonMobil is investing in development of new sustainable technologies and are focusing on advance seismic imaging, data driven operations, and use of collaborative solutions to improve operational efficiency and productivity. The...
Centrica plc - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary Centrica plc (Centrica) is an integrated energy company.It carries out electricity generation through and combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power stations, and nuclear power plants through its stake in EDF Energy Nuclear Generation. The...
National Grid Plc. - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary National Grid Plc (National Grid) is an energy utility, which transmits and distributes electricity and natural gas.The company owns and operates electricity and gas transmission and distribution networks; and also serves as a transmission...
Total SA - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary Total SA (Total) is an integrated multinational energy company with operations spanning the entire oil & gas chain from exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas to transporting and refining of oil & gas, international oil trading,...
Equinor ASA - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary Equinor ASA (Equinor), formerly Statoil ASA, is an energy company.It focuses mainly on the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). The company also has operations...
Exelon - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary Exelon Corporation (Exelon) is a utility services holding firm.It has operations across complete energy value chain, including energy sales, power generation, and distribution and transmission. The company produces electricity using nuclear,...
The IR camera market was valued at USD 6.64 billion in 2020 and expected to reach a value of USD 10.68 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). With the increasing demand for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in the future and investments in autonomous cars, IR cameras are expected to witness significant...
VINCI SA - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary VINCI SA (VINCI) is an integrated construction and concessions firm. VINCI is emphasizing on accelerating digital growth through its construction and concession segments.VINCI Concessions segment is following a comprehensive strategy...
The global data discovery market size to grow from USD 7.0 billion in 2020 to USD 14.4 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.6% during the forecast period. Various factors such as the growing need to discover sensitive structured and unstructured data, increasing investments in data privacy with evolving regulations,...
Gross Domestic Product
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.