Global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market – Analysis By Drug Type, Distribution Channel, By Region, and By Country (2021 Edition): Market Insights and Forecast with Impact of COVID-19 (2021-2026)
Executive Summary Global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market was valued at USD 5.5 billion in the year 2020. The key factors driving growth in the global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics market is increased public awareness of the disease and its symptoms. The growing incidence of heartburn is likely to create new economic prospects for acid-reducing medications and proton pump inhibitors, resulting in the rapid growth of GERD therapeutics market. Other potential includes an increase in risk of GERD disease in emerging nations and technological advancements that allow for speedier diagnosis of the condition.
Protein pump inhibitors (PPIs) are the front line therapy for the treatment of GERD. The market of GERD is very large in the US and in European countries and mostly catered by PPIs. Although PPIs control the major share of the market but with PPIs providing limited relief and the treatment generally relapsing within 6-months, the market for acid blockers like Vonoprazan looks very lucrative with physicians also supports its efficacy in GERD management. Also, the US GERD market is highly price sensitive because of the availability of generics in the market and hence any drug, even with higher efficiency, will have to price rationally to gain share of the market.
The increasing prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux disease is correlated with the increasing prevalence of obesity in many countries and presence of other poor diet and lifestyle factors. Several environmental factors and the prominent lifestyle evolution to sedentary habits such as a high dietary fat intake, shorter dinner-to-bed time, and frequent smoking and alcohol consumption have been proven as the high risk factors associated with the prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux diseases.
North America region dominates the Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics Market. High incidence of obesity-driven GERD and innovation in drugs in GERD treatments are factors that have helped cement the potential of the North America GERD therapeutics market. Moreover, high per capita expenditure on healthcare coupled with extended life expectancy of consumers in the region has been creating a sustainable demand for the superior treatment for the GERD in North America.
Scope of the Report • The report presents the analysis of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market for the historical period of 2016-2020 and the forecast period of 2021-2026.
• The report analyses Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics Market By Value.
• The report analyses Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics Market By Drug Type (Antacids, H2 Receptor Blockers and Proton Pump Inhibitors)
• The report further assesses the Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics Market By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Online Pharmacies)
• The Global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics Market has been analysed By Region (North America, Europe and Asia Pacific) and By Country (United States, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, China, Japan, India)
• The key insights of the report have been presented through the frameworks of Pipeline Development. Also, the attractiveness of the market has been presented By Region, By Drug Type and By Distribution Channel. Additionally, trends, drivers and challenges of the industry has been analysed in the report.
• The companies analysed in the report include Phathom Pharmaceuticals, Eisai, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Daewoong Pharmaceutical, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, EndoGastric Solutions, CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel, Merck & Co. and Olympus Corporation.
Key Target Audience
• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Drug Manufacturers
• Pharmaceutical Industry
• Biotechnology Companies
• Pharmacies, and Retailers
• Government and Research Organisations
• Consulting and Advisory Firms
• Investment Banks and Equity Firms
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this U.S. OTC Drugs Market Report The U.S. OTC drugs market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.01% during the period 2021–2026. U.S. OTC DRUGS MARKET: KEY HIGHLIGHTS • In 2020, online pharmacies and hospital pharmacies segments...
215 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Jan 2021
China’s demand for OTC Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
90 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2020
Consumer health is expected to see slightly higher current value growth in 2020 than was seen in 2019, with COVID-19 expected to be one of the main factors dictating growth in Uruguay. While the COVID-19 outbreak in Uruguay had little impact in terms of infections and deaths due to the country’s good healthcare system, locals’ concern about...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Aug 2016
About OTC Drugs OTC drugs are medicines that can be bought without a prescription from a doctor because the US FDA considers them safe for use without medical supervision. These drugs are used to treat conditions that do not necessarily require a doctor's advice, such as pain, itches, cough and cold, sleeping problems, smoking cessation,...
59 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2016
About Back Support The global back support market is witnessing growth across APAC, EMEA, and the Americas due to the growing older population, especially in countries like Japan. Also, the prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders among older and middle-aged population is increasing. Braces and back supports are also used for treating...
GMR Data’s new Pharmaceutical report is released today detailing The Brazil, Russia, India and China Over-the-Counter Pharmaceuticals Market to 2025. The report draws on knowledge of experts in the field, in depth company research and up to date tracking of trends in the OTC sector. By exploring and comparing these key 4 markets GMR...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.