In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market Report
The active pharmaceutical ingredients market is expected to reach USD 266.80 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.22%.
The following factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the active pharmaceutical ingredients market during the forecast period:
• The invention of new generation API • Increase in Demand for Generic Drugs • High Adoption of Mergers and Acquisitions • Impact of API Outsourcing
ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENT MARKET OUTLOOK
Digitalization, big data, and artificial intelligence are accelerating the transformation of the pharmaceutical industry. The growing trend toward new high-tech therapeutics, with the emergence of novel and innovative delivery systems, the evolution of personalized medicines, will emphasize the growing demand for advanced APIs further. Innovative and Biotech APIs are fueling the demand for APIs across the globe. The global active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) market is set to have significant growth in the forecasted period. The growth of the market can be amplified by the growing geriatric and aging population globally. Manufacturers are significantly investing in Research and development and must continue spending on research and development initiatives. As the industry is getting fragmented and profit margins are thin, there is a need for constant innovation.
• Based on Molecule type, the small molecule is the largest segment with a 5.82% growth rate in 2021 and is projected to show a 6.95% growth rate in 2026. • Current trends like an increase in demand for biopharmaceuticals and naturally derived APIs will increase the demand and growth in the market.
ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS MARKET SEGMENTATION This research report includes a detailed segmentation by
• Application • Molecule Type • Type of manufacturers • Type of drugs • Synthesis Type
ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS MARKET SEGMENTS
• The increasing awareness of various APIs’ improved efficacy on targeted cancerous cells is also propelling their demand for oncology drugs. Oncology API will register a growth rate of 7.33% in 2021, and it will increase up to 8.18% in 2026. • The rise in internet penetration enables various online platforms to collaborate with pharmaceutical companies to deliver drugs such as analgesics at the doorstep of consumers. The global active pharmaceutical ingredients industry by pain management API will grow at a CAGR of 5.76% during the forecast period.
Market Segmentation by Application • Oncology • Cardiovascular Disease • Anti-infectives • Central Nervous System • Respiratory diseases • Diabetes • Pain management • Others
Market Segmentation by Molecule Type • Small • Large
Market Segmentation by Type of manufacturers • Captive • Merchant
Market Segmentation by Type of drugs • Prescription • Over the counter
Market Segmentation by Synthesis Type • Synthetic • Biotech
GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS The North American region is highly fragmented, and many global and regional players are present in the active pharmaceutical ingredient industry. Pharmaceutical manufacturers have increased the investments in R&D for the development of better-quality APIs since it has a direct effect on the safety and efficacy of the drug. The North American API industry is anticipated to show increasing growth in the forecasted period.
Market Segmentation by Geography
• North America o US o Canada • Europe o United Kingdom o Germany o France o Italy o Spain o Russia • APAC o China o India o Indonesia o Japan o Singapore • Latin America o Brazil o Mexico • Middle East & Africa o Saudi Arabia o South Africa o UAE
The global API market is highly concentrated and competitive. Pfizer, Cipla, Novartis AG, Mylan NV, and Sun Pharmaceuticals are prominent vendors in the industry. Over the past decade, several companies have engaged in mergers and acquisitions to establish their presence in the industry. Mergers and acquisitions offer several benefits, such as better access to procuring raw materials, distribution, and R&D, and are largely driven by consolidation. Manufacturers must always keep pace with the latest industry regulations for manufacturing APIs to avoid penalties and criminal sanctions. The demand for APIs is expected to accelerate due to the increase in the geriatric population and the increase in awareness for better healthcare.
• Pfizer Inc. • Cipla Inc. • Novartis AG • Mylan N.V. • Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
• Albemarle Corporation • AbbVie Inc. • Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. • Eli Lilly and Company • Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. • Bristol-Myers Squibb • Aurobindo Pharma limited • Sanofi • Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH • BASF SE • Lupin • Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Group Ltd. • Abbott • Biocon • Amgen Inc. • GlaxoSmithKline Plc • Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. • Merck KGaA • Viatris Inc., • Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. How big is the active pharmaceutical ingredient market? 2. What are the different applications in the global active pharmaceutical ingredient market? 3. Who are the key players in the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) market? 4. What are the latest trends in the active pharmaceutical ingredient market? 5. What are the key driving factors in the global API market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Executive Summary The global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market was valued at USD 179.6 Billion in the year 2020. Growth opportunities for the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient market is attributed to the growth of the geriatric population, rising technical advancements, increasing API manufacturing facilities...
The cleanroom technologies market is projected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2026 from USD 7.1 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is majorly driven by the stringent regulatory framework, growth of the biologics sector, rising demand for sterilized pharmaceutical formulations, increasing demand...
The Global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Market was valued at USD 120.29 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 195.70 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.85% from 2021 to 2026. COVID-19 pandemic has had a beneficial effect on contract manufacturing services overall. There were multiple opportunities...
The Indian CMO market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.3% during the period of 2021 - 2026. The rise in demand for injectable drugs, especially in cancer research, will upwardly trend the Indian pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. Injectable drugs offer higher returns as compared to other drug formulation types. Therefore, higher...
The small molecule drug discovery market was valued at approximately USD 32,150 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach 51,160 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of nearly 8.05% during the forecast period, 2021-2026. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the health systems of countries have been heavily investing in research and development...
275 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Jan 2022
China’s demand for Pharmaceuticals has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
The injectable drugs market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 11.1 % during the forecast period. Currently, big pharma giants are seeking collaborations and approvals to come up with a vaccine in the market space, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as soon as possible. These vaccines are majorly given in the injectable form,...
The global peptide synthesis market is projected to reach USD 730 million by 2026 USD 515 million in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Growth in this market is driven by the increasing use of peptides in pharmaceutical drugs, increase in research activities and availability of funding for R&D, and the development of advanced...
The pharmaceutical processing seals market is estimated to be USD 2.1 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 3.3 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.0%. Manufacturing equipment is the major application of pharmaceutical processing seals. Capacity expansion and constant innovation in the pharmaceutical industry are expected to drive the...
The global automated liquid handlers market was valued at USD 685.96 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 939.92 million by 2026, with an estimated CAGR of 5.39%, from 2021 to 2026. Key Highlights - The flexibility and adaptability of automation systems made automated liquid handlers’ equipment widely...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.