Robotics in Travel and Tourism, 2021 Update - Thematic Research
Summary Robotics in tourism can address a range of business and consumer concerns.Increased investment in this form of smart technology illustrates that the utilization of robotics in travel is only going to grow.
The deployment of robotics lessens the chance of COVID-19 contraction for travelers.For example, robotics in the hotel sector has taken on a newfound importance, as concierge robots help to limit the frequency of human interaction between staff and guests.
As a result, robots are now becoming less of a gimmick and more of a necessity for hotel companies looking to inspire traveler confidence.For businesses, investment in robotics to replace human jobs will help to boost bottom lines in the long-term.
Although the initial cost of investing in robotics to replace human jobs will be high, many companies will make back what they have invested in just a short number of years, then after that, companies will continue to shrink fixed costs and increase profit margins.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the utilization of robotics in travel and tourism.Firstly, the players section identifies some of the leading companies in robotics and categorizes their position in the value chain.
After a technology briefing, a trends section is then provided, describing technology, macroeconomic, regulatory and enterprise trends.An industry analysis is then provided with a mergers and acquisitions section, which also includes travel and tourism robotics partnerships.
After a timeline which tells the story of the development of robotics in tourism and beyond, a tourism industry analysis is provided which looks at key industry signals such as patents, hiring and company filings trends. Finally, the leading companies in the robotics theme are outlined, along with their competitive position and sector scorecards are delivered, showing how the different companies in each tourism sector compare in the theme of robotics.
Machine learning is an integral component in the technological structure of service robots.The technological theme of machine learning heavily links to the tourism industry-level theme of personalization.
Services that are tailored to customers’ needs and wants continues to grow in importance in tourism, and robotics can help to meet this demand.
Key Highlights - According to the analyst, the global number of inbound MICE travelers decreased by 79.3% YOY in 2020, inbound MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions) arrivals may not even reach pre-pandemic levels by 2024. To inspire attendee confidence in large scale MICE events, robotics can be used to make the experience more COVID-secure, while giving the event a futuristic and unique feel.
- The number of filings mentioning robotics increased by 212%, when comparing 2020 to 2017. From Q1 2019 onwards the number of mentions increased significantly. 2020 was the leading year in terms of filing mentions for robotics, with many companies acknowledging that the utilization of this technology was important in maintaining and enhancing operations amid the pandemic.
- Tourism companies need to be aware of their social sustainability commitments and how investing in robotics to replace human jobs could impact image. 54% of global respondents in Q3 2021 Consumer Survey stated that they ‘somewhat’ or ‘completely’ agree that they are more loyal to brands that support social rights matters. With COVID-19 having stiffly decreased employment figures across the globe, and especially in tourism, consumers could react negatively to companies filling positions with robots, taking the stance that they value profits over people.
Scope - This report provides an overview of robotics usage in travel and tourism.
- It identifies the need for robotics to instill traveler and business confidence.
- This report provides a detailed industry analysis of robotics in travel & tourism, discussing how it is being utilized in a range of different ways.
- We highlight travel and tourism companies that are leading in the robotics theme, such as Walt Disney, ANA Holdings, and Dubai Airports Company.
Reasons to Buy - Understand the impact of robotics on the tourism industry, using use cases to help you understand how you can adapt and understand this theme.
- Assess the strategies that companies are adopting when using robotics.
- Discover companies that are leading in the space.
- To view real-world trends created by the adoption of robotics from across the travel & tourism space.
- thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global packaging robots market is expected to grow from US$ 3,945.43 million in 2021 to US$ 8,448.21 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.49% during 2021–2028. Packaging is a critical procedure in manufacturing facilities, especially those that produce goods for the consumer market.The installation of a robotic...
The global collaborative robot market was valued at USD 668.3 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 1,876.8 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 18.37%, during 2021-2026. Collaborative robots, or cobots, are used in direct collaboration with humans to accomplish various tasks. The declining cost and the high return on investment...
The aerospace robotics market is estimated at USD 2.9 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 4.9 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 11.4% from 2021 to 2026. The aerospace robotics market is growing at a significant rate across the world, and a similar trend is expected to be observed during the forecast period. Increase in global aircraft...
The AI Robots market is expected to grow from USD 6.9 billion in 2021 to USD 35.3 billion by 2026; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.6% during the forecast period. The major driving factors for the growth of the AI Robots market include rise in demand for industrial robot and rise in adoption of AI robots in healthcare industry to control...
Robotics in Oil and Gas, 2021 Update - Thematic Research Summary Robotics has been an essential part of the buzzing oil and gas industry for several decades.It has been adopted in the construction of oil and gas facilities, and also for inspection and maintenance tasks. Over time, the...
Robotics - Thematic Research Summary Robotics is a fast-growing industry.According to The analyst forecasts, it was worth $45bn in 2020, and by 2030, it will have grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29% to $568bn. The analyst expects every segment of the robotics market to grow...
Robotics in Medical Devices, 2021 Update - Thematic Research Summary Robotics has a long history, but only recently have conditions aligned to unlock its full potential.Those conditions are technological, economic, and demographic. Medical robotics is a fast-growing field in the medical device...
Robotics in Power, 2021 Update - Thematic Research Summary Robotics is witnessing an increasing presence across multiple industries, with the Energy and Utilities (E&U) industry not being an exception.Robotics is now becoming an increasingly crucial tool in the E&U segment for keeping their operations...
The autonomous mobile robot market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.12% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). With the improvement of UGVs, one of the major trends in the autonomous mobile robot is the fleet management software with dashboards. It helps in the visualization of paths for path planning and traffic management. Moreover,...
The collaborative robot market is expected to grow from USD 1.2 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 43.4% during the forecast period. The factors such as easy adaptability and benefits of collaborative robots for businesses of all sizes coupled with growing demand for collaborative...
Industrial Robot Export
Foreign Direct Investment
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.