Caribbean data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.70% during 2022-2027.
The Caribbean market is witnessing more on-premises data center investment than colocation and hyperscale data centers. The Caribbean data center market is growing with strong economic factors, government support, digitalization, technology penetration, and connectivity with major global markets. • Various Caribbean country governments are supporting digitalization in Jamaica, Cayman Island, and the Bahamas to attract more investment. For instance, Jamaica partnered with the European Union (EU) in 2021-2027, which aims to support Jamaica’s goal of a digital economy and society. • In the Caribbean region, Panama, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, and Aruba are some of the countries working towards generating electricity from renewable energy sources. For instance, Bermuda’s Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) will lead to 85% of electricity from renewable energy sources by 2035. • Cloud service providers partner with local companies to provide cloud services in the region. For instance, in April 2021, Millicom (Tigo) partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide AWS cloud-based services through its multi-Cloud managed services in Panama.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CARIBBEAN DATA CENTER MARKET
• Bahamas, Panama, Jamaica, and Cayman Island are some major countries witnessing investments from various data center operators due to different national development schemes. For instance, the Bahamas government announced National Development Plan Vision 2040 to improve investments and guide government decisions to attract investments in the country in the coming 25 years. • The Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA) aims to strengthen the region’s economy. Also, the governments of various countries are establishing special economic zones to attract investments in the region. Panama’s government also has established free economic zones such as the Colon free trade zone and Pacifico special economic zone that will offer space for industrial development with benefits such as tax exemptions. Also, it will attract investment from the US. • Government steps such as personal data protection law established in the Bahamas, Panama, and the Cayman Islands have strengthened the Caribbean data center market. For instance, in May 2021, the Panama Personal Data Protection Rule was enacted, which will regulate data protection and privacy in the country. • Factors such as the adoption of cloud computing and advanced technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, artificial intelligence, and government support for data centers are driving the data center market in the Caribbean region.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
• Market size available in the investment, area, power capacity, and the Caribbean colocation market revenue. • An assessment of the data center investment in the Caribbean by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators. • Data center investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across countries in the region. • During the forecast period, a detailed study of the existing Caribbean data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the Caribbean data center market size. • Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in the Caribbean • Facilities Covered (Existing): 15 • Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 00 • Coverage: 4 Countries • Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area) • Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity) • Data center colocation market in the Caribbean • Market Revenue & Forecast (2021-2027) • Retail and Wholesale Colocation Pricing • Retail vs. Wholesale Colocation Market • The Caribbean data center landscape market investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast. • A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry. • Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors in the industry. • A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market.
MARKET VENDOR LANDSCAPE
• The Caribbean data center market has several local and global colocation providers operating across different countries. Major colocation providers include KIO Networks, Telecom Italia Sparkle, Air Link Communications, Blue NAP Americas, and Oxygen. • KIO Networks operates two data center facilities in the Caribbean region in Panama and the Dominican Republic. Additionally, In August 2021, Telecom Italia Sparkle opened its Panama data center facility in Panama City, which hosts around 600 cabinets with an IT load of around 5 MW. • Curacao Technology Exchange (CTEX) has developed a data center campus that consists of four data center facilities. This investment is reshaping the Caribbean and Latin American region’s connectivity with other countries, digitalization, and value in the global digital economy. • The Caribbean data center market is dominated by local construction contractors, including Civil Engineering Caribbean, Dusron Bouwbedrijf, Habibe & Maia Architects, and Informatics Engineering Services. For instance, Informatics Engineering Services is involved in developing a data center in Trinidad and Tobago, in which Digicel colocated its services in the first phase of the facility. • In terms of IT infrastructure, the market is dominated by global vendors such as Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), IBM, and Lenovo. For instance, Blue NAP Americas’ Caribbean data center facility is equipped with technologies such as cloud solutions run on VCE’s VblockTM infrastructure and supported by EMC, VMware, Cisco Systems, and Intel.
EXISTING VS. UPCOMING DATA CENTERS
• Existing Facilities in the region(Area and Power Capacity) • Bahamas • Jamaica • Panama • Cayman Island • Other Countries • List of Upcoming Facilities in the region(Area and Power Capacity)
REPORT COVERAGE: This report analyses the Caribbean data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
• IT Infrastructure • Servers • Storage Systems • Network Infrastructure • Electrical Infrastructure • UPS Systems • Generators • Switches & Switchgears • PDUs • Other Electrical Infrastructure • Mechanical Infrastructure • Cooling Systems • Rack Cabinets • Other Mechanical Infrastructure • Cooling Systems • CRAC & CRAH Units • Chiller Units • Cooling Towers, Condensers & Dry Coolers • Economizers & Evaporative Coolers • Other Cooling Units • General Construction • Core & Shell Development • Installation & commissioning Services • Engineering & Building Design • Fire Detection & Suppression Systems • Physical Security • Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) • Tier Standard • Tier I & Tier II • Tier III • Tier IV • Geography • Bahamas • Jamaica • Panama • Cayman Island • Other Countries
VENDOR LANDSCAPE • IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS: Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, and Lenovo. • DATA CENTER CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS & SUB-CONTRACTORS: Civil Engineering Caribbean, Dusron Bouwbedrijf, Habibe & Maia Architects, Informatics Engineering Services, and Pergravis. • SUPPORT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS: ABB, AST Modular, Cummins, Legrand, Mitsubishi Electric, Schneider Electric, and Vertiv. • DATA CENTER INVESTORS: Air Link Communications, Belize Network Information Centre, Blue NAP Americas, Brac Informatics Centre (BIC), Digicel, Epic.io, Telecom Italia Sparkle, KIO Networks, and Oxygen.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS • Cisco Systems • Dell Technologies • Fujitsu • Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) • IBM • Lenovo
DATA CENTER CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS & SUB-CONTRACTORS • Civil Engineering Caribbean • Dusron Bouwbedrijf • Habibe & Maia Architects • Informatics Engineering Services • Pergravis
SUPPORT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS • ABB • AST Modular • Cummins • Legrand • Mitsubishi Electric • Schneider Electric • Vertiv Group
DATA CENTER INVESTORS • Air Link Communications • Belize Network Information Centre • Blue NAP Americas • Brac Informatics Centre (BIC) • Digicel Group • Epic.io • Oxygen
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED 1. HOW MUCH IS THE INVESTMENT IN THE CARIBBEAN DATA CENTER MARKET EXPECTED TO GROW? 2. HOW MANY DATA CENTERS HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED IN THE CARIBBEAN REGION? 3. WHAT ARE THE DRIVING FACTORS FOR THE CARIBBEAN DATA CENTER MARKET? 4. WHO ARE KEY INVESTORS IN THE CARIBBEAN DATA CENTER MARKET IN 2022?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Latin America data center storage market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.94% from 2022 to 2027. The data center storage market comprises several products such as hard disk drives, solid-state drives, storage networking, and other infrastructure. This infrastructure is critical for effective data center storage. The Latin American...
The Latin America Modular Data Center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19% during 2022-2027. The following factors are likely to contribute to the Latin America modular data center market growth during the forecast period: • Deployment of edge data centers • Covid-19 boosting the deployment of prefabricated data...
Malaysia Data Center Market Size is Expected to grow at A CAGR of 6.68% During 2022-2027 MARKET INSIGHTS Malaysia data center market is one of the most mature data center markets after Singapore in Southeast Asian countries. Malaysia’s government is continuously improving the country’s digital economy. The Ministry...
Executive Summary The global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market was valued at USD 1.87 billion in the year 2027 with the Americas region leading the regional market share. A liquid cooling system is an enhanced heat transfer solution designed to remove and dissipate heat quickly and effectively. The liquid cooling...
Indonesia’s Data Center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.46% during 2022-2027. • In Indonesia, Jakarta is a preferred location with better network connectivity and proximity to the end-users to improve the latency. • Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the country is witnessing growth in cloud adoption by various industry verticals...
The German Data Center Market was valued at USD 5.78 billion and is expected to reach USD 7.43 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.45% during the forecast period (2022-2027). The increasing demand for data processing in Germany demands improved and advanced data infrastructure, creating demand for data centers. With the onset of the COVID-19...
Thailand data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.75% during 2022-2027. Thailand witnessed the construction of data center facilities with a white floor area of over 105 thousand square feet in 2021 and will add a cumulative area of over 870 thousand square feet between 2022 and 2027. The market has witnessed several new...
Latin America data center server market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.97% from 2022 to 2027. The server market growth is expected to grow during the forecast period as the market is witnessing investments from telecom & colocation data center operators. Data centers comprise IT infrastructures such as servers and storage and network...
Hong Kong Data Center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.88% during 2022-2027. Hong Kong is a prime location for cloud service providers because it can serve the Asia Pacific and Mainland China. The investments in the Hong Kong cloud services market are growing. The Hong Kong data center market, has the presence of operators...
South Korea data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.71% from 2022 to 2027. KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT • South Korea data center market is one of the rapidly growing markets in the APAC region with strong economic factors, government support, digitalization, technology penetration, and growing connectivity...
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.