Ozone Generation: Technologies, Markets and Players
- May 2017
- 254 pages
- Report ID: 96588
• The OGT market for water treatment totaled $633.6 million in 2016, and should total $876.3 million by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2016 to 2021.
• The OGT market for air and gas treatment totaled $205.2 million in 2016, and should total $305.7 million by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2016 to 2021.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Study Goals and Objectives
This report provides a thorough analysis of the global ozone generation technology (OGT) market. The research is meant to give the reader a comprehensive overview of the size, growth and direction of the OGT market, including an assessment of its directing factors; technological hurdles and advances; dollar market values for 2015, 2016 and projections through 2021; company involvement; and regional data to provide insight into successful and unsuccessful global OGT-related programs and trends.
Reasons for Doing This Study
The global OGT market is thriving and evolving, as many factors are working to spur market growth. Prominent factors include global and regional population growth, increasing global pollution, improved technologies, and a growing number of successful OGT projects and products. There are also some hurdles that are hindering growth, or at least growth within some OGT market niches or regions, including the dangers associated with ozone use and the short supply of experienced staff. This report is designed to provide information and data for readers to understand the OGT market and to make knowledgeable, informed decisions related to their involvement in the industry.
Scope of Report
The scope of the market analyzed in this report includes OGT categories for water applications, air and gas treatment, and medicine on a global basis. Market segments for water applications include potable water (e.g., municipal, bottled, residential), wastewater (e.g., industrial, municipal), and process water and other water (e.g., pool and spa, aquaculture, remaining applications). The air and gas treatment category includes semiconductor manufacture and other air and gas treatment segments. OGT market data are provided in dollar value for 2015 and 2016, with projections given through 2021. Data breakdowns are provided for the previously listed market categories and segments. Regional data is presented for seven global regions: Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Australia and Oceania, as well as for the 10 countries most involved in the OGT market. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
This report will be beneficial for:
• Managers who must identify market opportunities and develop solid implementation plans for OGT activities.
• Research and development professionals who wish to stay on top of competitor initiatives and to understand the developments and obstacles within the global OGT market.
• Business development executives and entrepreneurs who work within the dynamics of the market and wish to identify possible opportunities and partnerships.
• Information and research center librarians who wish to access vital information.
• Policymakers and government officials who must understand the dynamics and scope of the market they are working to affect.
• Advertising agencies that work with clients involved in the OGT industry to design appropriate messages and images.
• Investors and stakeholders who wish to gain a well-rounded view of the OGT market, including its strengths, weaknesses and likely future direction.
Both primary and secondary research sources were used to prepare this report. The information was compiled from a number of industry resources, including trade journals and associations; government agencies; business, technology, science and law journals; company literature and websites; interviews
with industry-savvy individuals; and global research services and institutes. Information and data were collected from numerous government agencies, including the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the World Bank, and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), as well as patent offices and other nongovernmental bodies, including ozone-related businesses, the Ozone Association of India and the International Ozone Association.
The data in this report were calculated after a thorough analysis of the market and in-depth research of its many facets. The methodology to calculate the data included a review of historical data and supporting information; a determination and assessment of historical, current and likely future factors affecting market size and growth (i.e., political, economic, technological); research of umbrella, overlapping and niche markets, both supporting and competing; interviews with key individuals; a consideration of regional and demographic differences; a study of company projects, products and revenues; and a collection and analysis of market-related data. All revenue values are in U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation and measured at the manufacturer level.
In this report, the geographic regions considered for market analysis include:
Latin America and Caribbean
Australia and Oceania
Latin America and Caribbean
Australia and Oceania